/>

10 health tips for 2021- WHO | World Health Organization COVID-19

Admin
0

Good daily habits can make such a big difference to your overall health, and your life. For today, we're going to talk about 10 daily habits that have made a huge difference to yours life in different areas such as physical health, emotional health and brain health. Before we dive in I wanted to mention a couple of things so, you recognize the context. 

The first thing: is these daily habits have been the result of gradual habit-forming over the last five years- it's not something that happened overnight. It is difficult to make habits and it does to take time. 

The second thing — although these habits are daily habits. I don't put pressure on myself to try to them a day especially when things get too busy or things are too overwhelming. Sometimes things slide a little, and that's okay. When you are making lifestyle changes it isn't about perfection it's about doing what you'll and usually, I do attempt to do these habits a minimum of three to 5 times a week. In the times that I'm really stressed out because, I feel that they do help me stay an on track, and they do help reduce stress. Anyway enough with the introduction let's get into the habits. 

The first daily habit;

is that I drink a glass of water as soon as you get up. Well not as soon as you get up - brush my teeth, I go to the bathroom, and then I have a glass of water. I find that this has made an enormous difference to energy levels within the morning. When we're sleeping we're not taking it any water and once we awaken we will be mildly dehydrated and when we're dehydrated our fatigue levels go up. So an honest thing to try to be start your morning by getting enough hydration. I drink a glass of filtered water. If I desire it, I'll add some lemon thereto. I do not always do this and it's always at temperature but if you wish warm water that can be worked too. It really may be a bout personal preference but drinking some water within the morning is a great point to try to for your energy levels. 

Number two;

I meditate for 10, minutes every day. I wont to be very skeptical about meditation once I first started. I didn't really believe it I didn't think there was science behind it but there's actually quite little of science. It can do things like to reduce anxiety, it can assist you improve your immune function, it can help reduce pain. I am not naturally a calm person. Meditation - years of meditation have gotten me to this point and I really do think there are a lot of benefits to trying it out. Now if you are a beginner, meditation can seem very daunting and that I have two tips to supply . So the first one is attempt to just be very open about meditation within the beginning. The first 10 to fifteen sessions on behalf of me were very difficult. I didn't know what i used to be doing and that i felt overwhelmed, and that i felt like i used to be doing it the incorrect way. It wasn't until the 15th or 16th session that I got into it and that i began to see the benefit. So give it time. The second thing is that if you're starting out try guided meditation versus meditation where you're just doing it on your own. Guided meditation can really assist you stay track and may really guide you through the method . I use an app called Calm - I highly recommend it. I love it. There is also another app called Head space which you'll try . 

Number three;

 I go for a brisk walk outdoors a day . Because I find it's such a mood booster to get some fresh air.. To get some sunlight and to be out in the greenery and there are studies that show that exposure to greenery is good for your health. As usual, everything's in the description box. Now for me the brisk walk is not just a mood booster - it's also the way I get exercise. I am NOT a gym person. I have never been in gym person. I just don't enjoy it who knows who the people that enjoy the gym. I might like to do this but I just can't i do not love it so for me getting exercise has got to be something that's a part of my lifestyle and that i love rising the walk, so I began to make my walks my exercise. Now the planet Health Organization recommends that we get around 150 minutes of moderate cardiovascular activity week or 75 minutes of cardiovascular activity a walk can count if your heart rate is high enough so when I'm walking I test my pulse I even have an app on my phone Samsung health is that the app that i exploit and my heart rates usually between the moderates and thicker zone my walk actually counts as a workout it counts as water and activity so that's how i buy my 150 minutes of exercise per week through my walk. 


Number four; 

in addition to the walk do exercise. So the walk is great for cardiovascular activity if you're doing a brisk walk or if they're jogging or running, but a well-rounded exercise regimen should include more than just cardio I like to include some weight training and yoga but I specifically wanted to talk about weeds there's a lot of women shy away from it especially because they think they go to seem a particular way if they train with weights.

Number Five; 

I try to eat something green every day. it's rather embarrassing but I will admit that even as a nutritionist, I find it hard to eat greens I did not grow up eating greens so it's a very foreign concept for me but I do understand that they are very nutrient dense and it's a good idea to get some greens on a daily basis especially a variety of greens you are getting a variety of vitamins and minerals if we're interested in nutrient density score that I have one link in the description box below now if you're beginner the easiest way to add greens to your diet really is smoothies I find that that was the best gateway for me to get into the habit of eating greens if you're interested in how to make green smoothies taste better. 



Number Six;

I erode least two to 3 servings of brightly colored fruits and veggies a day this is often my bare minimum two to 3 I usually attempt to eat more why is it important to eat brightly colored fruits and veggies well you'll have heard of the term eat the rainbow eat the rainbow basically suggests eating fruits and veggies from different colors but different colors mean they need different phytochemicals which mean they need different health properties some phytochemicals can help with cancer prevention some can help with liver some can help with metabolism there's different reasons to have those phytochemicals and it's a good idea to get a variety so I do try to cut at least two to 3 servings of fruits and veggies from those different groups.

Number Seven;

I listen to relaxing music every evening as a way to wind down so music has many different health benefits the science is still emerging but what I found very interesting is that nature sounds and relaxing music can help reduce stress it can help reduce the strain hormone called cortisol.


Number Eight;

I attempt to read or learn something new a day and that i like to do that because it's something that i actually enjoy but there are other benefits thereto especially when it involves brain health so as we age there's that natural decline in our memories it happens but mental stimulation can hamper that decline so for me it's reading i will be able to wish to learn new things for you it might be whatever works for you if you are a reading person read a book fiction and nonfiction both have their benefits if you are not into reading learning a replacement language on an app like duolingo could work otherwise you could watch something a day like short snippets on Ted Ed to find out something new it's all about keeping your brain engaged and stimulated.


Number Nine;

I try to spend quality time with loved ones every day and I want to underline the word quality time because a lot of us end up spending time with our loved ones but we're on our phones and we're not properly engaged with them they are not really lecture them it isn't good communication and this happens to everybody it. I felt like I was spending time with him but that wasn't really spending time so now, no phones properly talked to him. I hung out with my cats - I find that cuddling a pet or a person's - can assist you release oxytocin which is understood because the cuddle hormone or the love hormone and it can help reduce stress

Number Ten;

Avoid phones within the one hour before bed. so I wont to get on my phone right before bed and that i found it very difficult to nod off because my brain was all over the place it was very mentally stimulated and phones also emit something known as blue light and that blue light is something that your brain thinks is they like so when you're on your phone and that blue light is going to your brain your brain thinks it's not time to sleep so it won't produce melatonin very well and it becomes harder to sleep I actually have talked about this in another video on sleep which I'm actually able to sleep better and before you go let me know within the comment box below, what's the one habit that has changed your life.


Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)